Before mechanical approach, remember to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the chain.
Check with a chain tool
This is the most reliable method. Obtain an chain wear indicator.
Here our indicator has a meter that will read the provided information data. Place the indicator on the top of the chain. The two points are placed between the links.
With your fingers, push the gauge, which has the effect of pushing up the stems of the indicator on the extremities of the links.
You can read the given measure for carbon bike wheel listed on BUSINESSJUST.
How to read values ?
- For a 10-speed chain: + 0.75%, the chain should be replaced quickly to avoid changing gears.
- For a 11-speed chain: + 0.50%, the chain should be replaced quickly to avoid changing gears.
- + 1%, chain and sprockets to replace simultaneously, trays also may be worn.
Control without a tool chain (rougher)
To know the state of your chain wear:
- When it can be strongly moved laterally, have it replaced.
- Pull vertically on a link at the plate, the game should not exceed half the height of a tooth.If the game is more important, have it replaced.
- If rust appears on the chain, it is imperative to appoint a replacement to avoid transmitting the oxidation on the sprockets of the cassette or the pedals.
Replacing the cassette sprockets
We recommend replacing the chain simultaneously when changing the cassette of the rear wheel. These two elements, chain and sprockets are the main parts of the transmision of your bike. The compatibility of a new chain and sprockets worn teeth is poor. The chain will tend to jump when you set a dancer, for example, or when a more powerful effort.
Pedro’s Chain Checker / Wear Indicator Hook & Chainring …
Is there any difference between silver/brown/painted bike …
cycling jersery short sleeve and trousers set kids summer …
Zoom Alloy MTB Mountain Bike Cycle Bicycle Handlebar Stem …
Keeping it Clean
Bike chains buying guide
AM / DH CRANKS | Canfield Brothers Bikes
Feraco Leather Bracelet Cross, Mens Stainless Steel …
Tips for Safe and Carefree Biking to the Beach
JAR Multi Color Sapphire Pearl Gold Necklace For Sale at …
Head Stem Riser Hidden Alloy 1-1/8" Steerer Tube First TL …
How to Recycle: Amazing Junk Art Sculptures Made from …
Victorian England Stock Photos & Victorian England Stock …
RARE! 1989 Kawasaki Jet Mate Jet Boat 650cc with SXR 800cc …
KMC BICYCLE CHAIN CHECKER CHAIN / WEAR INDICATOR TOOL FOR …
Amazon.com : BIKEHAND Complete Bike Bicycle Repair Tools …
20 Coolest recycled bicycle chain creations ever made …
Entex 1/8 Derailleur Racing Bicycle with Optional Touring …