To do that already traditional backpacking trip through Europe is the dream of many people, especially the younger ones, is not it? For those who have experience with this type of adventure, it is even easy to know what it is really necessary to carry in the suitcase. But what about people who do not know what to take to prepare properly, have no idea how to organize the backpack, what absolutely can not miss and what can be left at home? For the answers to these and many other questions you give below:
Know exactly what the itinerary of the trip will be
This is the first step for anyone planning to do a backpack wherever it is, after all, it is much easier to plan what to take when you already have a script in hand, right?This way you will know how many days you will be traveling, where you will be staying, what kind of transportation you will use, among other things.Those who travel from one country to another by plane, for example, can get tickets at great prices as long as they carry very little luggage.Does not sound like a great request?So start plotting your itinerary and researching the baggage limits of each airline for which you want to fly!
Search the weather of cities you want to visit
Another important aspect to research in advance is the weather of the cities or countries that you will visit.And that goes far beyond simply knowing if it’s summer or winter, since the geography of Europe is quite diverse and requires an adaptation for each type of climate, okay?So even though it is summer in the northern hemisphere, some regions of England, for example, have a constant rainfall!If so, you may need to wear a heavier coat.And the same happens during the winter, when it even gets hot in some regions of southern Spain!So you already know the secret: schedule yourself according to the weather of each place to be visited!
Choose the best backpack for your demands
A backpacking in the middle of winter requires cool clothes – such as a coat, scarf, thicker stockings and sweatshirts – which makes your backpack heavier and has more room for clothing. A summer backpack, on the other hand, allows you to travel with lighter clothing, which naturally takes up less space in the suitcase.For these and others you need to know exactly what your needs are for this trip!
In addition, it is advisable to purchase leather backpack at a specialized store, where the seller can recommend the one that best suits your body type, as well as teach you to adjust the straps and straps in the best way possible.Did you know that backpacks for taller people or who are carrying more weight are adjusted in different ways?
Put into practice your sense of detachment
Regardless of the weather, you need to know how to be moderate when choosing what to take on your long dreamed trip.This means that, especially for a backpacker in Europe, you should take only what is needed – unlike what happens on trips made with the family, for example.Imagine there will be plenty of waiting and walking, always with a heavy backpack.So how about getting rid of some superfluous items to have more comfort during the trip?
Write down everything you can not miss in your backpack
Here’s a basic list of some of the top things you can not miss in your suitcase for this trip.Depending on your city and country of destination, adapt this list according to your needs:
- Slipper: good old rubber slippers are a must, especially for anyone staying in hostels during the trip;
- Swimwear: Regardless of weather, you never know when you will be invited to a pool with your newest gringos friends;
- Towel: since not all hostels offer towels to their guests, it costs nothing to guarantee, even with a face towel;
- Wet wipes: can be extremely useful during long trips and with a certain level of unpredictability;
- Notebook and pen: to write down your experiences, the contacts you make while traveling and even drawing from one flight to another;
- Personal hygiene items: invest in small, airtight containers for shampoo, conditioner, and other personal hygiene items;
- Comfortable tennis: the more comfortable you walk, the better – believe me: it’s super easy to let go of aesthetics when your feet are sore;
- Plastic bags: to store dirty clothes, slippers, shoes and leftovers of snacks;
- Water bottle: essential item for those who will spend several hours carrying a heavy backpack in the back;
- Money Wallet: It’s a way to keep your money safe, especially when you’re traveling;
- Book: to enjoy the hours of waiting for the train, airplane or bus;
- Few clothes: If necessary, look for self-service laundries to wash your clothes in the middle of the trip;
- Sunglasses: Regardless of the weather, it is always good to have a pair of sunglasses during a trip;
- Muscle relaxants and analgesics: since you never know what effects a heavy backpack can exert on your back, it is best to prevent;
- Small Backpack: To leave your backpack at the hostel and go exploring the city you will need a smaller backpack to carry your belongings!
Think right about what you can leave at home
Hair dryer, several pairs of shoes, dresses and social shirts to wear at night?How about leaving some of these items at home?Try to wear few clothes and accessories by betting on wardrobe key pieces that can be worn both day and night.This saves you both space and weight in the suitcase, as well as simplifying the process of backpacking.
Try to pack your bag well in advance
And speaking of properly packing, nothing to leave the task for the last hour, okay?After all, there is nothing worse than finding out that your clothes simply do not fit into the backpack on the day of your trip!Also, packing your luggage in advance helps you remember essential items that might be missing.
Leave some leftover space in your backpack
As much as a backpacker in Europe is a less complicated trip with regard to bringing numerous gifts and souvenirs back home, it is important to leave some free space in your suitcase.Are you going to find something essential, that you feel you need to take as a reminder of the journey or even to give to your family and friends?
What do you think of our tips on what to take backpacking in Europe?Enjoy these recommendations on your next trip!And if you want more tips on what to visit in Europe, check out this post here !Just do not forget to comment to tell us your impressions, combined?
Want to buy the supplies, materials, or even your new backpack without leaving home?Take a look at what we have prepared for you:
Hiking the Blue Waters & Snow Capped Mountains of …
How a Broke College Student Saw Europe i 2018
FoodieBackpacker: How I Unrushed My World in Asia
Everything backpackers need to know about New Orleans …
Cheap world travel tips by Jarryd Salem & Alesha Bradford …
Intel, Visa launch new innovation labs
New Ferry Service Between Maine and Nova Scotia To Start …
Rendezvous with the Fabulous Phoebe!
Thru the Lens: Archipelago of Gothenburg
The Best Travel Guides For Budget Travelers: Travel …
517 best Tracks & Trains images on Pinterest
What Women Need to Know When Backpacking in India
There’s A Place In…Marrakech
Tra Que Herb Village: A Nice Side Trip from Hoi An
Hiking the Blue Waters & Snow Capped Mountains of …
Backpacking Europe Step-by-Step Planning Guide
How To Find Cheap Flights The Broke Backpacker
Best 25+ Trains ideas on Pinterest
AUCKLAND TRAVEL GUIDE 2016