US 411 in Tennessee
According to Existingcountries, US 411 is a US Highway in the US state of Tennessee. The road forms a north-south route in the east of the state, from the Georgia border to Newport. US 411 is 203 kilometers long in Tennessee.
US 411 at Etowah.
The US 411.
US 411 runs more or less parallel to the border with North Carolina to the northeast, along the length of the Appalachian Mountains. US 411 is somewhat secondary in character, although parts are a divided highway. The route runs parallel to US 11 and Interstate 75 and therefore has little through importance. Aside from the city of Alcoa, the US 411 does not serve any larger towns either.
The original US 411 of 1926 ran between Bristol and Cumberland Gap, almost entirely in Virginia, via what is now US 58. Today’s US 411 was created in 1934 and was planned at the time to run all the way to Bristol, but initially ended on the state line between Georgia and Tennessee. In 1940 the route was extended into Tennessee to Maryville. In 1948 it was extended to Greeneville and in 1952 to Bristol on the Virginia border, making US 411 a north-south route through eastern Tennessee. Later, the northern terminus was shortened again, in 1976 to Greeneville and since 1984 to Newport.
Despite the fact that US 411 ran parallel to US 11 and later I-75, quite a few parts of the road have been widened to a 2×2 divided highway or a 5-lane road with a center turn lane. The 100-mile stretch from US 64/74 at Ocoee and Maryville was largely widened to 2×2 or 5 lanes from the late 1990s through about 2011. The oldest part is the bridge over the Tellico Reservoir, which is believed to have been built in 1979 when the dam was built by the Tennessee Valley Authority.
Few upgrades have been made to the northern part of the route, because of the dense network of US Highways in this region, US 411 has a little dominant role here. A 5 kilometer 2×2 diversion west of Newport was completed in 2015. This required large-scale earthworks.
US 412 in Tennessee
According to anycountyprivateschools, US 412 is a US Highway in the US state of Tennessee. The road forms an east-west route through the western and central state of the state, from the Missouri border through Jackson to Columbia. US 412 is 270 kilometers long in Tennessee.
US 412 near Trenton.
US 412 forms an east-west route through Tennessee. It is the only US Highway in Tennessee that begins on the Missouri border. The stretch to Dyersburg is a freeway and also numbered as Interstate 155. From Dyersburg to Jackson, US 412 heads southeast as a divided highway with 2×2 lanes, after which it crosses Interstate 40 in Jackson. East of Jackson, about a quarter of the route is still a divided highway, the rest is single-lane until US 43 in Columbia. The road crosses the Tennessee River on this stretch.
US 412 is one of the newest US Highways and was only added to the network in 1982 and went straight through Tennessee, with an eastern terminus in Dyersburg. In 1984 the eastern terminus was changed to Jackson and in 1988 to Columbia, creating the current route.
Significant upgrades have been made to US 412. The western portion coincides with Interstate 155. In 1976 the Caruthersville Bridge opened over the Mississippi River and in 1979 the freeway was completed as far as Dyersburg.
The section from Dyersburg to Jackson has been completely upgraded to a 2×2 divided highway, partly with diversions. The eastern bypass of Dyersburg was completed in the mid-1980s. The 2×2 line between Alamo and Jackson was constructed in the early 1990s, followed shortly after by the Alamo diversion and doubling between Dyersburg and Alamo. By 1995, the entire route from Dyersburg to Jackson had 2×2 lanes.
To the east, portions of US 412 have also been widened to 2×2 lanes. By 2002, the doubling between I-40 and Lexington was completed. In the late 1990s, the section between Lexington and Chesterfield was widened, followed in 2012 by the section between Chesterfield and Parsons. Around 2002, a 5 kilometer long section between Hohenwald and Gordonsburg was widened to 2×2 lanes. In about 2014, a section east of Gordonsburg was also widened to 2×2 lanes.