The zumba class blends aerobics and Latin dance, that helps you lose weight and tone the muscles, and can be practiced by people of all ages. During 1 hour of class, it is possible to burn about 800 calories, and when combined with a balanced diet promotes rapid weight loss.
How zumba has an intense pace, it is ideal to start gradually and stop the class in case of presence of muscle pain or shortness of breath intense, and it is also important to do intervals, 1 day of rest between workouts, since it is during this period that the muscle grows and tones.
Benefits of Zumba
Zumba is the whole exercise that works the whole body, stimulating the muscles of the arms, abdomen, back, buttocks and legs, and bringing the following benefits to health:
- Speed up metabolism and lose weight, because it works cardio exercises that accelerate the heart rate, which increases the burning of fat;
- Combat retensão of liquids, by improving the blood circulation;
- Strengthen the heart, because the accelerated pace increases the resistance of this organ;
- Relieve the stress, because the classes are made in a team and with upbeat songs, that release stress and increase morale;
- Improve motor coordination, as the movements are rhythmic to help master the body and coordinate movements;
- Improve balance, due to the movements that include jumps, spins, and the exchange of steps constant;
- Increase flexibility, it also includes exercises to stretch the muscles.
Thus, this activity is discouraged, mainly to tone muscles and lose weight, and it is important to remember that you do not overwrite the bodybuilding for people who want to increase strength and muscle mass.
Comparison of Zumba with other exercises
It is important to remember that before you start any physical activity, the ideal is to query a physical educator to make a physical evaluation and to receive guidance on the correct way to practice the exercises.